This is a key, senior position responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the Finance Department, reporting directly to the Controller.
Prepare and post month-end journal entries. Prepare and review bank reconciliations. Driving the monthly financial statements process to achieve deadlines. Leading/participating in monthly financial review meetings with operations. Driving the year-end process including necessary working papers and communications with external accountants. Active role to support the annual business planning and budgeting process. Actively resolving internal control issues and documenting best practices by working closely with Finance and the operational managers. Preparing financial analysis and input as required to drive results. Liaising with government agencies as required. Working with operations and administration departments to streamline and automate processes. Supervising, directing and assisting Finance team as required. Other duties as assigned.
- College/University graduate in Commerce/Business/Accounting
- Three to five years of progressive experience with responsibility for monthly financial statements
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced to expert level of proficiency in Excel (including Macros, V-Lookups, Pivot Tables)
- Previous experience working with Accpac and/or POS systems preferred
- Proven supervisory experience in providing direction and support to other team members to assist them to achieve their goals
- High energy level to respond to changing work volume/tasks
- Ability to resolve problems independently and to leverage resources efficiently to achieve goals
- Preference given to those nearing completion of an accounting designation
- Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance
We are not currently hiring for this position. Please apply for future opportunites with Falls Avenue Resort using the link below.