The Room Attendant is responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure sanitary, safe and attractive conditions of hotel guest rooms.
- Cleaning and sanitizing guest bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Making beds.
- Replenishing linens and amenities.
- Vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing walls and floors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for cleaning – Outstanding attention to detail in order to identify all guest room deficiencies.
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to exceptional standards of cleanliness and order.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with co-workers and guests.
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team setting.
- Ability to read in the English language.
- Working knowledge of relevant equipment (i.e. wet/dry vacuum cleaner, etc.).
- Knowledge of proper sanitation and cleaning techniques.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job (i.e. lifting up to 25lbs, bending, kneeling, reaching).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Secondary School Graduate Diploma preferred, minimum Grade 10 or the equivalent.