The Registered Massage Therapist is responsible for performing a variety of treatments in order to ensure the highest level of guest service is provided to each guest.
- Exceed guest service expectations while maximizing potential hotel and resort-wide services/revenue.
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome guests at each instance.
- Assist in resolving guest concerns in an urgent and courteous manner.
- Attend to special requests.
- Inventory and restock sections and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Massage Therapy Certificate.
- Demonstrated perpetual cheerfulness and extroversion in order to host/entertain each guest, modifying personal delivery as appropriate to different types of guests’ needs, interests and desires (adults, children, couples, cultural, etc.).
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to enthusiastically greeting guests/making them feel important as well as exceptional standards of cleanliness and order.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with guests both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/multiple items/products.
- Previous knowledge and conversational ability in order to up sell service opportunity within spa as well as to encourage both cross-promotion/sales of related company services/activities/products across the complex and to increase guest satisfaction.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be proficient with Swedish Style Massage Techniques – Relaxation, Aroma Therapy, Therapeutic, and Deep Tissue Massage.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another provider guests’ needs.
- Previous equivalent experience in spa industry with demonstrated knowledge and service proficiency/confidence.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high energy level and speed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety and sanitation standards.
- Must be registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility.
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays.