We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We’re also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels – the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that’s not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you – we even have our onsite brewery – the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo’s, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
The Lead Distiller is responsible for creating and operating the efficient and effective production related aspects of a craft distillery
The Lead Distiller will be accountable for all production- related areas aspects of the distillery including but not limited to: spirit recipe/new product formulations ; raw materials selection and purchasing; malting, fermentation, distillation, maturation, blending, bottling and storage functions; quality control, testing, and record-keeping; production budgeting and related expense control; equipment operation and maintenance, regulatory compliance; production and equipment planning; preventive maintenance and troubleshooting; sanitation and cleaning regiments; distillery staff scheduling and training as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ hands on experience in distilling, preferably within the Province of Ontario at a comparable or larger craft distillery. Firsthand experience with LCBO product listings and working knowledge of AGCO regulations an asset
- Formal brewing/distilling education an asset
- Working knowledge of related Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and supply chain management as they relate to craft spirit production and raw material acquisition respectively
- Ability to multi-task and perform all aspects of the distilling process to maximize the production capability of multiple distilling products as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Outstanding attention to detail – in regards to ensuring product consistency, quality and safety, including sampling and lab techniques as required; equipment operation and maintenance, regulatory compliance, identifying mechanical issues, performing required sanitation and cleaning, and maintaining accurate records
- Ensures compliance and sets an example by working safely within standard industry operating procedures and related federal, provincial and local regulations pertaining to the distilling industry with a particular emphasis on Ontario Fire Code requirements
- Demonstrated commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction at each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to beverage enjoyment and spirit education to customers
- Ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Proven mechanical aptitude/critical thinking capabilities in order to identify, troubleshoot, and solve common distillation production equipment problems
- Takes initiative and possesses a continuous improvement mindset that works toward making operations more effective and efficient thereby optimizing time and resources while maximizing profitability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to provide clear communication to guests and employees in both internal and external environments
- Approachable and establishes immediate credibility with regulators, staff, and customers, as required, including facilitate training and correction as required to production staff in order to ensure all staff operate at a consistent and safe level of performance
- Ability to meet the physical requirements (i.e., lifting 50 lbs, bending, kneeling, climbing ladder), and be in good general physical condition to fulfill all aspects of position
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
We are not currently hiring for this position. Please apply for future opportunites with Falls Avenue Resort using the link below.