The Houseperson is responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure sanitary, safe and attractive conditions of public and service areas of the hotel.
- Wash windows and frames.
- Deliver and sort linen.
- Vacuum, dust, polish chrome, brass and floors.
- Wash walls, doors, stairwell and service landings.
- Clean elevators, lobby dining room and elevators.
- Move furniture.
- Receive and distribute stock.
- Remove garbage and waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to cleaning standards in the public and service areas.
- Passion for cleaning – Outstanding attention to detail in order to identify all hotel deficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist other housemen’s needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and comprehend in the English language.
- Working knowledge of relevant equipment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks/multiple items/products.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation and cleaning techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company services/activities/products across the complex and to increase guest satisfaction where appropriate.
- Ability to fulfill other duties as specified by the Housekeeping Managers/Supervisors.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed.
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety and sanitation standards.
- Demonstrate ability to meet the physical requirements of the job (i.e. lifting up to 50lbs, bending, kneeling, reaching).
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and all shifts.