The Guest Service Agent is responsible for performing a variety of activities in order to ensure the highest level of guest service is provided to each guest. Successful performance will include exceeding guest service expectations while maximizing potential hotel and resort-wide services/revenue, making sure results are achieved in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the company.
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome guests at each instance.
- Verify and confirming guest reservation, address, and credit card information, and expected service needs and expectations.
- Process payment for all guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and making a personal deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Cash cheques and exchange currency for guests in accordance with hotel policy.
- Issue keys to and control safety deposit boxes.
- Post miscellaneous guest charges to individual guest folios as requested.
- Assist in resolving guest concerns in an urgent and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills when dealing with guests both internally and externally.
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to enthusiastically greeting guests/making them feel important as well as exceptional standards of cleanliness and order.
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional composure at all times, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple guests/multiple items/products.
- Employ persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters.
- Demonstrate professional telephone manners.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanour, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate reading comprehension ability (i.e. assist guests in reading of company/local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/visit).
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another Associate’s guest’s needs.
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility.
- Provide a high standard of customer service.
- Experience in rooms division/front office.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Galaxy (Sheraton on the Falls; Skyline Inn) or Opera (Crowne Plaza) knowledge preferred.