We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We’re also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels – the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that’s not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you – we even have our onsite brewery – the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo’s, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This key guest service / host position is responsible for creating and driving the guest dining experience by ensuring passionate, sophisticated, and proficient, food and beverage service is provided at all times in the restaurant with a high level of menu (both food and beverage -wine, spirits) competency (both knowledge and service) and personal attention which often anticipates and responds to guest needs through vigilant attention to follow-up in an effortless and unobtrusive/discreet manner.
Enthusiastically welcome and greet guests. Show guests to their seat. Assist guests with food and beverage product selection, suggestion and sales. Food and beverage service and delivery. Payment settlement and post-meal activity suggestions and recommendations for guests. Attend to special requests from guests. Inventory and restock sections and supplies.
- Perpetual cheerfulness and extroversion in order to host/entertain each guest, modifying personal delivery as appropriate to different types of guests needs, interests and desires (adults, children, couples, cultural, etc.)
- Passion and ability to “romance the dining/ food and beverage experience” and demonstrated willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Previous equivalent experience in a fine dining/upscale restaurant
- Previous knowledge and service proficiency/confidence – both food and wine pairing and tableside service of restaurant products (eg. Wine presentation) in order to persuade guests to maximize food and beverage revenue per guest
- Previous knowledge and conversational ability in order to provide quality table side experience and in order to encourage both cross-promotion/sales of related company services/activities/products across the complex, and to increase guest satisfaction
- Highly effective conversational/persuasion/influencing skills
- Ability to effortlessly recommend/ persuade/up sell food and beverage products to guests in order to maximize both the guest dining experience and food and beverage revenue
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention
- Demonstrate reading comprehension ability (assist guests in reading of company/local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/visit)
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another server’s guests’ needs
- Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume with high-energy level and speed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety and sanitation standards
- emerit Food and Beverage Server certification preferred
- emerit Wine Server training certification preferred
- Smart Serve Certification
- Must be 18 years of age or older in order to serve alcohol
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays