The Credit and Collections Manager will be responsible for continuing to improve our credit granting and collection processes, policies, and procedures through a team of approximately five staff.
The successful candidate will be an important part of the finance team, working closely with and reporting to the Corporate Controller.
This position will successfully manage the company’s assets and ensure risks are mitigated. The role is heavily focused on continuous process improvement, financial acumen and accountability.
Provides leadership and support to team members – assess tasks and duties, internal and external processes, etc. Create challenging individual and team goals. Ensures all processes are as efficient as possible, leveraging technology to the greatest extent. Ensures all SOPs are documented and sufficient cross training exists for all key functions. Assesses credit risk for new customers and monitors existing accounts status to ensure creditworthiness consistent with established company policies and procedures. Analyzes, influences and changes upstream processes as required, to ensure timely and accurate invoicing at source, eliminating delays or adjustments. Ensures that all outstanding balances are collected and reconciled promptly including amounts related to customers, chargebacks and various third party agents. Reviews and identifies any at risk accounts, proposes and implements established escalation policy. Ensures all payments are processed promptly to enable accuracy of department reporting such as aging, account balances, etc. Maintains positive relationships with all internal associates (sales, operations) and all external customers (including tour companies, third party travel agents, etc.).
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Management
- Minimum of three years relevant management experience in a finance or credit related role with progressive history of accomplishments and leadership
- Detail oriented; Solid problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to logically dissect problems/opportunities and provide and implement effective solutions working with other departments to create process change
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff to achieve individual and team goals
- Ability to leverage technology to eliminate manual processes and increase efficiency
- Conscientious, dedicated to maximizing benefits to company and reducing losses and risks
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Excel
We are not currently hiring for this position. Please apply for future opportunites with Falls Avenue Resort using the link below.