We’re a diversified team of over 1800+ world-class hospitality professionals working in more than 150 unique business roles running numerous hotels, restaurants, unique retail, attractions and spa businesses under a 120- acre roof. We’re also part of an even larger private North American hospitality enterprise which spans both Canada and the United States- and includes our 2 other Niagara Falls sister hotels – the Marriott Fallsview and Marriott on the Falls Hotels. And if that’s not impressive enough to outline the wealth of career opportunities we can offer you – we even have our onsite brewery – the Niagara Brewing Company! We principally choose to operate our businesses in co-operation with some of the World’s most- respected and most- valued brands: Sheraton, Christienne Spa, Crowne Plaza, Massimo’s, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Perkins, Hershey’s, Coca-Cola, Starbucks and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark – to name but a few. Many of our businesses are award winning & internationally- recognized as best in class: Sheraton Conference Centre, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Hershey, 4 Starbucks, and Perkins. Our Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is internationally recognized by the World Waterpark Association and TripAdvisor and we’re a previous winner of the Distinguished Hotelier of the Year Gold award for the Falls Avenue Resort. If you aspire to be part of a business that continually pushes itself for greatness and makes Niagara Falls even more unique.
What are you waiting for, apply now!!!
This position is responsible for creating and driving the guest dining experience by ensuring passionate, accurate, sanitary, and efficient food preparation is provided at all times. The enthusiastic individuals chosen for this position will be responsible for assisting in the efficient operations of the kitchen and to ensure customers receive quality food products.
Clean, cut, and prepare vegetable, fruit, meat, poultry and fish products in the preparation of pastas, salads, desserts, baking, carvings (beef). Responsibilities also include transporting/carrying food to and from kitchen and buffet/ cooking stations, setting and dismantling of buffet/ omelet stations and replenishment of buffet, stocking/storing foods, utensils, equipment, ala carte, and basic line cooking under direction of more experienced cooks and/ or Supervision/Management; kitchen cleaning and associated food stations, storing foods; returning excess food to the kitchen ensuring all perishable products are put away properly. Assist the Chef and cooks in any additional tasks that may be required and assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as it pertains to exceptional standards of food preparation
- Demonstrate willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Demonstrate ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks for multiple guests/multiple items/products
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a fast paced kitchen environment where attention to detail and consistency is critical
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying preparation/presentation needs, cleanliness of all kitchen related areas
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively within a team setting
- Ability to take supervision and work direction with regards to multiple food preparation and kitchen duty assignments
- Ability to set and prep buffet work stations, re- stock buffet items and condiments
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly learn basic kitchen tasks with minimal difficulty in a fast paced environment
- Ability to follow recipes/food preparation/cooking and baking instructions and food portioning and waste disposal
- Ability to prep foods – production prep by peeling/cutting vegetables, fruit, potatoes etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of kitchen knives – safety and efficiently – using appropriate personal protection equipment
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks with the same high level of consistency/quality until completion
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly clean all kitchen equipment, counters and sweeping/mopping of floors in order to maintain a sanitary work environment
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
- Must be able to work all evening shifts including weekends and holidays
- Completion of Public Health Food Handlers course preferred