At Falls Avenue Resort, we serve the international tourist and conference market, with a mission of delivering the maximum number of memorable experiences to our guests in the most efficient and focused manner.
Falls Avenue Resort is Niagara Falls’ largest hospitality and entertainment complex, which owns and operates a wide variety of hotels, restaurants, retail stores and attractions representing world-class brands such as Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Hard Rock Café, Rainforest Café and Hershey just to name a few.
It’s our employees that make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit can turn possibilities into success. If you’re interested in being part of a growing and faced paced organization where you can influence and impact results, have a positive attitude and professional approach, and are passionate about what you do, then Falls Avenue Resort may be the place for you.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the primary role of the Assistant Controller is to manage and lead a small team of finance professionals focused on providing accurate and relevant reporting, and value-added analysis to drive process improvement and operational results. Other responsibilities include back-up support for other finance roles, account reconciliations, and other projects as required.
- Act as a trusted and valued business partner who will work closely with the Corporate Controller, General Managers and department managers to provide critical business information to support operations and continuously increase revenues, lower costs and improve guest satisfaction
- Lead the preparation of designated annual business plans and budgets, ensuring an efficient and accurate process that aligns with overall corporate objectives
- Primary lead for the preparation and review of monthly financial statements for a designated group of businesses, as well as preparing and reviewing journal entries and assisting with resolving complex accounting issues
- Provide leadership in monthly financial reviews with operations to continuously drive business results and ensure accountability
- Manage the annual audit process for a group of companies, and ensure completeness, accuracy, and adequacy of working papers and tax information.
- Continuous improvement to financial reporting and analysis to provide timely, accurate, and relevant information to allow users to make key business decisions
- Develop a high standard of excellence for the assigned work team (typically 3-4 direct reports) providing necessary support, development, feedback, and leadership
- Leverage technology wherever possible, to assist in process improvement, analysis and reporting
- Assist Corporate Controller in the safeguarding of company assets by reviewing, monitoring and implementing controls and adopting best practices across all business entities
- Support Corporate Controller in various projects including those involving technology implementation, process improvement, newly created operations, etc.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- A university degree with a CPA designation, and 2+ years of progressive post qualification experience, ideally in a supervisory/leadership capacity
- Exposure working with mid-sized or larger private companies; experience in public accounting would be an asset.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving, organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience of developing and maintaining internal financial controls
- Experience using Sage 300 (Accpac) and working within the hospitality industry is an advantage
- Must be located within a commutable distance
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include, credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks.
We are not currently hiring for this position. Please apply for future opportunites with Falls Avenue Resort using the link below.