Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller manages and leads a small team of finance professionals focused on providing timely, accurate and relevant reporting and value-added analysis to drive operational results.
- Act as a trusted and valued business partner who will work closely with the Controller, General Managers and department managers to provide critical business information to support operations and continuously increase revenues, lower costs and improve guest satisfaction
- Lead the preparation of designated annual business plans and budgets, ensuring an efficient and accurate process that aligns with overall corporate objectives
- Primary lead for the preparation of the annual financial statements in a designated group of businesses, including related working papers and tax information required for the annual audit
- Continuous improvement to financial reporting and analysis to provide timely, accurate and relevant information to allow users to make key business decisions
- Develop a high standard of excellence for the assigned work team (typically 2-3 direct reports) providing necessary support, development, feedback, and leadership
- Provide leadership in monthly financial reviews with operations to continuously drive business results and ensure accountability
- Leverage technology wherever possible, to assist in process improvement, analysis and reporting
- Assist Controller in the safeguarding of company assets by reviewing, monitoring and implementing controls and adopting best practices across all business entities
- Support Controller in various projects including those involving technology implementation, process improvement, newly created operations, etc.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- At least 3-5 years in a senior role within an accounting setting ideally in a supervisory/leadership capacity
- Excellent organizational, analytical, time management and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional accounting designation preferred
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Sage Accpac knowledge considered preferred
- Must be located within a commutable distance
We are not currently hiring for this position. Please apply for future opportunites with Falls Avenue Resort using the link below.